by Schuyler Erle, Rich Gibson, and Jo Walsh
Here are some maps made by us:
- The Locative
US Earth Browser, made with MapServer, using VMap0 and Blue
Marble/LandSat-7 imagery proxied from JPL's OnEarth WMS. See the source directory.
- Schuyler's interactive map of the Peloponnesian
War, based on the account by Thucydides. See the source directory.
- London Free Map, made with MapServer and freemap
- Florence Av, Sebastopol, CA in MapServer with 1m USGS DOQQs from CASIL and TIGER/Line data stored in PostGIS.
Bay, CA from the same data set. See the MapFile.
- earlier map of San Francisco, with MapFile
- Photo map in SVG of Suomenlinna Island, near Helsinki (TCM Progress, August 2004)
- Photo map in SVG of Utreg (Utrecht), the Netherlands (August 2004)
- Geo::Track::Animate Samples
The LondonFreeMap and openstreetmap are making progress on a GPS-trace-to-annotated-streets set of applications.
We provide a directory of basemap images referenced in
the book, as well, and will be adding to it from time to time.